Dronninggaard Salon

Magnificent paintings

The Dronninggaard Salon is distinguished by the paintings that embrace the entire room.

When businessman Frédéric de Coninck acquired Moltkes palæ from 1783-1794, he commissioned a number of paintings from the young and talented Danish artist, Erik Pauelsen. These include two magnificent landscape paintings and three overdoor panels, which can still be appreciated today. All of them portray Frédéric de Coninck’s country house, Næsseslottet, on the shores of Furesø Lake (formerly known as Dronninggaard). Art experts consider the works to be superb examples of the painting of that era.

Why is it called the Dronninggaard Salon?

Dronninggaard was originally the name of a summer palace constructed for Queen Sophie Amalie in 1661. The main building burned down in 1685, and not until 100 years later was it replaced with a new edifice. This took place when Frédéric de Coninck acquired the estate in 1781, and he spent his fortune on constructing a new main building at Dronninggaard, which he then renamed to Næsseslottet. The name ’Dronninggaard Salon’ can therefore be considered as de Coninck’s tribute to the origins of his country estate.

 

SETUP

With a size of 50 m2, the Dronninggaard Salon is generally used for welcoming guests, coffee breaks, lounges or breakout sessions.

SEE FLOOR PLAN_DRONNINGGAARD_SALON

The Banqueting Hall

Up to 400 guests

Grønne Salon

Add-on bookings available at an additional charge.

Ground floor

Add-on bookings available at an additional charge for 400+ guests

 

Gyldne Sal

Up to 150 guests

Venezia Salon

Add-on bookings available at an additional charge.

Artemisia

Up to 150 guests

Up to 14 guests

Floor plan

Floor plan, first floor

FÅ SENESTE NYHEDER FRA MOLTKES PALÆ

Modtag vores nyhedsbrev om alt hver der sker på Humanic Venues' steder - og andet spiseligt